Are you in a long-distance relationship and addicted to texting?
Well, if you want to maintain a happy and healthy relationship, we recommend that you find balance in the way you communicate as a long-distance couple.
Everyone who has ever been apart from a loved one over an extended period has experienced the difficulties of keeping the fire burning and giving them enough personal space.
Texting seems to be one of the most convenient methods of communication among long-distance couples. It’s fast, private, subtle, and most importantly, it’s easily accessible.
It can bring you closer despite the miles in between, but it can also put a lot of strain on the relationship if you overdo it.
That being said, balance is everything in all relationships, especially in long-distance ones.
How Often Should You Text In A Long-Distance Relationship?
How often long-distance partners text each other varies from couple to couple. While I can’t say the optimal number of text messages you should send a day, I suggest that you text as frequently as it works for you. For more info you can check my recent article: How Often Should You Talk in a Long-Distance Relationship.
You may work from home or have more free time to text, and your long-distance partner may be leading a busier and more active life and can’t be as available as you’d want them to be. Not being able to hit the right moment and share some quality time often leaves couples frustrated and questioning the future of their relationship.
So, one thing is for sure, communication is everything, even when you communicate about how you stay in touch.
Take a better look at your schedules and work out the best times to slip into each other’s DMs!
Most Common Problems LDR Couples Face When Communicating With Text
“My Long-Distance Partner Is Bad At Texting.”
Do you feel like you can’t understand what your partner is trying to convey through their texts? That is a real problem, especially for first-time LDR couples who are not used to texting as their primary mean of communication.
In such a situation, you must have an open and honest conversation about what bothers and triggers you. Learn each other’s styles – the way you two use punctuation, emojis, gifs… Notice the pattern in their writing, the phrases they use in certain situations.
Consider these little ‘aids’ your communication’ crutches.’ They represent the body language you don’t see, and we all know how important movement and gestures are when it comes to getting a message across.
If you believe your long-distance partner sucks at texting, don’t just slap them with the truth (or your opinion). Instead, it’s better to tell them that there has been a communication gap and figure out how to make it work together.
If their sentences seem to be all over the place or sound confusing, ask your partner to be clearer and more focused when texting. But, do it in a way that won’t make them feel sad, inadequate, and misunderstood.
After all, the point is to understand each other and not create a big deal out of it.
“My Long-Distance Partner Hates Texting.”
Let’s face it; not everyone is a fan of texting. Some prefer a voice call or to catch up over video. And there’s not a right or wrong way to go about it. It’s just a matter of preferences.
However, such a mismatch in communication can create a few unwanted issues in a long-distance relationship.
You may prefer to text because it lets you put your thoughts together in a concise DM that’s easy to understand yet gets the message across. On the other hand, your partner’s go-to means of communication may be a video call.
While it is quite frustrating when you can’t always be on the same page, it’s important to find a way that will work for both partners to stay in touch.
Meet each other halfway. You can agree on video calls regarding certain topics that are better to discuss over phone calls and leave texting for other, more casual situations, such as saying “Hi” in the morning or checking up on your partner before going to bed.
That will make both you and your partner feel heard and understood in the relationship.
You can start by asking these LDR questions.
“I’ve Been In A Long-Distance Relationship Forever. I’m So Tired Of Texting!”
Sometimes, you get tired of all that back and forth via text. Sometimes, you don’t want to wait for an answer and get over whatever it is by jumping on a quick call.
Texts can get lengthy and tedious when you are always on the go. Busy people rarely pay attention to grammar or spelling. They forget to use emojis or gifs, and voila – what started as a stupid joke has now turned into a fight.
You guessed it – texts are powerful, and people fail to realize that having a conversation via text carries as much importance as talking face to face.
Texting will often be how you bond and become intimate in a long-distance relationship. But it has its shortcomings and tends to get tiring and boring.
Of course, nothing will ever be as good as having your partner in front of you watching their body language and reactions, but you can still be more attentive with your texting. And remember, sometimes, less is more.
100+ Long-Distance Relationship Messages
Long-distance Texting Ideas For Hopeless Romantics
- You are the reason I smile every day.
- I’ve got my mindset on you.
- You are on the other side of the world, but no one else is closer to my heart than you are.
- Tonight, I will fall asleep dreaming of your heart beats.
- I fall in love with you every day, over and over again!
- Loving you has been the best decision I’ve made in my life.
- It hurts to wait, but I am okay with it because you are worth waiting for.
- If the distance taught me anything, it would be that our love is unbreakable.
- I can still feel the taste of your lips.
- The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I will have you in my arms soon.
- Even though you are a thousand miles away from me, I feel you closer to me than anyone else.
- I don’t see distance as an obstacle, I see it as a reminder of how strong our love for one another is.
- I swear, sometimes I can feel your scent in the air and can’t help but turn around and look for your pretty face.
- Your random calls make me feel special. Hearing your voice help me cope with the distance.
- I am the luckiest person in the world to have you – you make my life easier every day.
Flirty And Sexy Messages To Keep Your LDR Hot And Steamy
- I crave you every day.
- I wish you could knock on my door wearing nothing beneath your coat!
- Every time the doorbell rings, I wish it was you.
- I will do anything to kiss those lips as soon as possible.
- Do you know what I was thinking about? You, me, a fireplace, and messy sheets.
- How about some Skype or Facetime sex right now?
- Tell me what you are wearing, and I will tell you what I want you to take off.
- The only thing I need right now is you naked in my bed.
- Get ready to feast your eyes on me. Nudes are coming your way in 3, 2, 1.
- I can’t stop thinking of that red dress you were wearing for our last date. Next time I see you in it, you won’t be wearing it for long.
- I need to feel your hands tracing my body.
- I keep staring at your picture and can’t wait to taste those beautiful lips of yours again.
- I blush, thinking of all the things I would do to your body if you were here right now.
- I want to devour you, but you are too far away. This distance is killing me!
- I want to feel your body pressed against mine, without any clothes to get in the way!
Do you want to make things hotter in your LDR? Then check out these dirty talks for long distance relationship.
Cute LDR Messages That Say, “I Wish You Were Here”
- You are my entire world. Never forget that.
- I’d be lying if I said you aren’t everything I think about.
- Distance is not strong enough to break us.
- Distance exists as a test, not a problem.
- There is no distance great enough that our love can’t overcome.
- Good things never come easy.
- I’ve missed you from the moment you hit the road. I wish you didn’t have to go.
- I wish you were here or me there. I don’t want us to miss a second of our life together.
- Babe, nothing is the same when you are not here. I wish we could be together right now.
- If it were up to me, I would never let you go. I know it sounds selfish, but that’s how I am with your love.
- I don’t want a day to go by without having you in my arms. I can’t understand why you have to be so far away from me.
- Nothing and no one compares to you and your presence. Is it weird if I say I miss your energy? Having you around makes me so happy.
- Send me some of those sweet messages you have saved for me. I miss you so much, and I wish you were here.
“Good Morning” Messages
- You are my first thought in the morning, and it gives me the strength to carry on as another day passes without you.
- I think this is true love. Not even a kiss, and I still feel so close to you.
- My biggest wish? To see you sleeping next to me every morning.
- You are the only reason why I can function in the morning.
- I’ve become a night owl because of you.
- I want to open my eyes in the morning and see you sleeping next to me.
- Mornings are the hardest because I wake up and realize you are not here with me.
- I wish your beautiful face were the first thing I saw when I open my eyes in the morning.
- Every morning I tell myself that that’s one day less until I have you in my arms again.
- You have the power to turn a night owl into a morning person.
- Good morning handsome/gorgeous! I can’t wait for the day I wake up next to you.
- My morning coffee doesn’t taste the same without you. Can’t wait for you to be back.
- I woke up this morning to realize how much surreal pain being away from you causes me.
- I dream of the day when I wake up in the morning and see you lying in my bed.
Good Night Messages
- I don’t need a lullaby. All I need is your voice to help me fall asleep.
- Good night my sweet love. I will meet you in my dreams.
- I can’t fall asleep because I can’t stop thinking about our last kiss and the taste of your lips.
- Sleeping in an empty bed after a rought day is the hardest thing I have ever had to do!
- Count stars, count sheep, count your blessings and always count on me to love you till my last breath.
- The only thing that helps me sleep is knowing that I am one day closer to seeing you again.
- I dream for the day when my dreams come true… the day when I open my eyes, and there is you.
- I wish I were there, holding you in my arms as you slowly fall asleep. Sweet dreams, my love.
- Goodnight to my favorite person in the whole wide world.
- Baby, I am falling asleep. Just know that I love you, and I will keep you safe in my dreams.
- I love seeing your face before I go to bed. It makes me feel like you are right here, next to me.
- Texting you while lying in my bed at night has become my favorite hobby.
Long-distance text messages for Him
- My sweet man, I am so grateful for having you in my life. I can’t wait to hug you again.
- It’s funny how you can make me feel safe and protected from all the way across the world.
- I don’t know how you are doing it, but I fall in love with you all over again every day.
- All the miles between us don’t bother me, as long as we are under the same sky and breathing the same air.
- No matter what the universe throws our way or how far you are from me, I feel we are always together at heart.
- It’s so easy to be with you and so hard to be without you. I hope our days apart will come to an end soon.
- Most men are not worth waiting for, but you are definitely an exception.
- I can already see our future together, and it’s definitely something worth waiting and fighting for. I can’t wait to grow old by your side.
- Call it power or talent, but your voice has a special way of talking to my soul.
- I’d be lying if I said everything was perfect. It’s not true. I am trying to soldier it through, but I miss you so much, baby. Nothing is the same without you.
Texts for Her
- I look for you in every woman I meet, and none of them compares to you. I miss you, baby.
- I am so blessed to have such a wonderful woman in my life. I don’t know what I did to deserve you, but I am glad you are here.
- I am ready to take all the pains and heartaches if it means I will spend my life with you.
- If you ever feel lonely, close your eyes and imagine me hugging you. I swear it helps. I do it all the time.
- I am sorry I am not there, sweetheart. I feel helpless not being able to hold you through all this.
- Distance sucks! I haven’t been away for that long, and I already miss waking up next to you.
- I never thought I would miss somebody this much. Not having you around changes everything.
- The miles between us gave me a reason to love you even more and become a better man.
- With every passing day, my desire to come back to you grows deeper and stronger. I don’t know how much distance I can take.
- You bring joy to my life, your smile makes my day, and your voice calms me down. I am either in love, or you have bewitched me.
Funny Messages That Will Make You Giggle
- We’ll break the distance, but it will never break us!
- I love you… The dots are for the love that’s loading, and it may take forever to complete.
- Aren’t you tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day.
- I see your face everywhere I go. Yes, the toilet too.
- Can you FedEx yourself to me? I’ll cover the fee.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, no one misses you more than I do!
- Do you ever get tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day long.
- Can you please give it a rest? I’d really like a second of not thinking about you.
- Believe it or not, I’d do anything to be jet laggy right now.
- Traveling sucks unless you are the final destination.
- I miss you more than ever. I was thinking a teleportation device would come in handy.
- Distance means nothing because we both know how much we love each other.
- If someone could look inside my heart, all they would find inside would be you.
- You could move to another planet, and I would still feel you close to me.
- Daydreaming about our next encounter has become my favorite pastime.
- I hope you won’t hold it against me, but I was hoping your flight got canceled. I just hate being away from you.
Final Long-Distance Relationship Texting Advice
Don’t Be Clingy
No one wants a partner obsessing over them 24/7. Yes, undivided attention sounds great during the “honeymoon phase,” but it gets old when someone monitors your every step. So, give your partner space to breathe if you don’t want to see them run for the hills.
Don’t Fight Over Text
If there is a burning issue that you feel needs resolving right then and there, it might be a better solution to jump on a voice or video call. Things tend to get lost in translation when texting in an intense situation.
Don’t Forget To Say “Good Morning” And “Good Night”
Talking about the power of texting! I bet you feel great knowing you are the first thing on your LDR partner’s mind in the morning and the last thing before bed. Well, they feel the same, so don’t save on words!
Remember What Matters
If you’re an avid texter, it’s vital that you “keep track” of the important conversations you shared with your significant other. Forgetting about their final project or an important job interview may leave them feeling unheard and unimportant to you.
Never Assume; Always Ask
Assumptions are like poison to LDRs. Dry texting can get confusing and easily misinterpreted if you are not clear enough. Instead of jumping to conclusions, ask your partner for clarification or leave the conversation for a more suitable occasion.
To Make Your Long-distance Relationship work, Break The Routine
Sometimes, a random emoji, a funny gif, or a quick pic of the hot mess that you are at the moment can be enough to change things up and keep your texting interesting. Don’t be afraid to be your goofy self!